CTI Testing Instrument CTI-4
The instrument used to determine the tracking resistance of solid electrical
insulating materials according to DIN EN 60 112 / IEC 60 112 / or VDE 0303 Part 1. Checks will be made in accordance with the procedures KA (number of
drops or depth of the slow lane) and KB (amount of voltage up to the 50th drop).
The values determined are CTI (Comparative Tracking Index) and PTI (Proof Tracking Index). The instrument is designed to do very precise measurements, because of fine setting of test voltage, test current, switch-off time, drop size and number of drops.
The device operates fully automatically. The test voltage is adjustable up to 600 V.
- Testing instrument for determining the relative resistance of solid electrical insulation materials against tracking
- Test according to DIN EN 60 112
- Determining the comparative tracking index and proof tracking index (CTI / PTI)
- Recruitment of test voltage, test current, switch-off, droplet size and number of drops
- Time interval 30 s
- Distance gauges, measuring glass, and the drip tray
The numerical value of the maximum voltage in volts which a material can withstand without tracking under specified test conditions.
The numerical value of the proof voltage in which a material can withstand without tracking under specified test conditions.